Independence

Jai Hind !! Good Morning:) Wish everyone a very happy Independence Day. 

I woke up today morning and the first question that hit me was, an inner voice asked : "Are you really independent?"


And a chain of thoughts followed my way. 

Which were more questions, and few answers trying to stop those questions. 


When India got independent 75 yrs back, it had to mean mental, emotional, physical, moral and ethical independence. But do we really have it all ???


Today we work in a society where, till the time one is talking the language that is acceptable to people around (even if it's illogical) I am accepted. But the moment I use my freedom of speech (which independence gave me) I am shamed, if it's doesn't match with the view of the society. 


Today, the size of a child's bag is bigger than them (because it's a competitive world). You learn the way it's laid down or you fall behind. Imaginative learning is not the right way. Be a part of the herd if you want to earn greens. I wonder how does this make me Mentally Independent???


Thankfully today, we atleast speak of Mental Health, but that's just 1% of us. Still if someone around us says, I feel depressed or different we term them as unstable and not healthy for the society. I wonder how does this make us Emotionally Independent???


Today, one has to be a particular size and then only you get a job, you get friends, you get married (in all you have a life). I wonder how does this make me Physically Independent???


Today, if am wronged at school, college or work I need to gulp it down my throat and live with it forever. Because if I speak and stand against the wrong I will be punished!! I wonder how does this make me Morally Independent???


Today, 99% of us want to make money and get fame and for that we are ready to walk over anyone. I wonder how does this make us Ethically Independent???


Independence is not a term, it's a way of life. I am a no-one to tell anyone how to live life, but with my little experience of life, I know for myself, my independence is when I can laugh as loudly as my heart desires, it is when I can help and support whoever walks by me, it is when I stand for myself and others when wronged, even if it means to go through that challenging journey. It is when i feel like a human within.


Do I feel independent today? Yes !!


I hope you do too. If not just do a rain check!!


If one thing I have learnt in this little life of mine, it is "If you can be human and humble irrespective of anything that happens in your life, you can be independent."

:)


Hope, you have a wonderful Independence Day!! 🇮🇳

Comments

Post a Comment