Tuesday 7 March 2023

Dysfunctional

 Today when I told a friend that I am not okay by the way they have been behaving, I was called "Dysfunctional".

In that moment I felt a line was crossed and then I ended up saying shit too. Whole afternoon I lay on my bed, closed my eyes and tried to sort this conversation in my head. Finally, after 3 hours of struggle within, I managed to see it as a compliment. My inner voice asked me "Were you ever one from the crowd?" I said "No". 

Then the voice asked me "Why do you feel offended then?" I paused for a while and took a deep breath and realised, it was a compliment, I didn't have to react to it. 

And then I smiled and next time before going down to a level where you don't belong, just shut everything around when it hurts in the moment and let that moment pass.


We all know all this, but only practice it once knees are bruised. Actually that is not required !!


In my case I have bruised my knees enough to understand this.... So from today every adjective used for me is going to be a compliment.... 


😉 Not everyone can be dysfunctional !!


No comments:

Post a Comment