Birthdays !!


One can feel in so many ways about one more year of your life that just went by. It's like a personal New Year of ones being. But, have we ever thought how it makes our parents feel within as they see us grow every year. There is so much apart from just cakes and gifts and parties. There are so many memories and stories attached,  from when we were born to how we were while growing up and how has this journey been till now that makes our parents so nostalgic on our birthdays. But I think in the noise we miss to share those moments with them. 

So, to my luck this time one my birthday which was just yesterday :) I had the opportunity to hear a story from my father which I had never heard before. In view of my present circumstances of being injured and not able to party hard, I had the privilege to share memories of my parents and I feel so blessed.

So, my father who is a retired Veteran, mentioned to me that after my birth, me and my mother were at my grandmother's place for awhile and he was staying alone at the base he was posted at. Few months of separation made him write a letter to my granny to send me and maa back to stay with him as he was missing us so much. As we came to stay with papa, he went on a temporary duty to some other base. One evening, my mother informed him that my eyes were not opening and so he requested one of his coursemate to rush me to the nearest hospital. After one day of admission I still wouldn't open my eyes and papa came back and rushed me to a civil doctor. As it was a sunday, the clinic was closed so maa and papa managed to find the address of the doctor and reach his home. They requested him to see me and he seeing the young parents told them not to worry and gave some eye drop and just after a few hours I opened my eyes and the kind of sigh of relief that they felt, I could feel after 30+ yrs yesterday when papa was telling me the story. And the kind of nostalgia they felt once again yesterday, I was amazed to how important our birthday is to our parents and for so many years my parents would have re-lived so many such memories as I was partying growing up. 

Yesterday, I promised myself I would re-live memories with my parents first now every year on the 1st August and then head for any other plan. For parents its not just memories, its a feeling of becoming a parent every time they see us. And if we are able to be the a little of what they wanted us to be as humans, they feel so proud and sleep with so much peace. 

I would say yesterday was just the best day of the year. :)

ps: you maybe a pet parent or no parent at all, but you do exist because your parents got you into this world, say thank you to them every year once on your birthday . 

Comments

  1. 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🇮🇳

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing old, one learns it. No parties, no groups, no locations would surpass the amount of joy and satisfaction it gives celebrating things around parents and family. They spend their primes trying to make our lives better.. it's time we start giving them back. In today's busy era, Time seems to be the most precious gift we may give them. Seeing them getting older year by year is such a melancholy but that's what's beyond our control..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Time is the most beautiful gift

      Delete
  3. True millennial spotted!🧬👏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts