I Wish.....

Waking to an empty room,
No sound of laughter and no sunshine through the vents,
I pulled myself to move the curtains to get some light and air,
Went up to the mirror, smiled at myself to feel alive
Moved near the walls of the room as if I was searching for that soul I could talk to,
But as my steps came to a hault, I understood it was just me in that empty room.
People say I have a wonderful career, a well settled life
What more do I wish for!!
I really wish I could tell them all, that this has no meaning when you stand alone in a room filled with items..
I wish there was less to eat, less to spend, but someone to laugh with in this room.
Someone whom I could hold and enjoy the sunrise and sunset with
I wish there were less items in this room and more laughter decorating this room.
I hope tomorrow when I wake up, the sunrise becomes my first light and the laughter of my loved ones my alarm.

Comments